Sunday, August 2, 2009

So many names...................

I could give this posting so many names. Maybe you can pick one after you read this blog posting. Here are a few suggestions. How about -- Watch Out! or Hit in the Head! or The Sun Was Blinding! or Keep Your Eyes Open! or You Could Have Hit Me With a 2x4! Maybe you're starting to get the drift ---------------

It was Friday night and I was tired! After a stop at Menards for boards, Dave and I went to Wendy's for some fast food. Just as a side note -- Dave always says how much he hates fast food whenever we eat it, which isn't often. Me? I could live on the stuff! Anyway, we ate our supper and headed out the door where the evening sun was shining in that blinding sort of direction -- just before the sun dissolves into a nice sunset -- bright, in the eyes, reach-for-the-sunglasses kind of glare. So I did. I reached into my purse, found my sunglasses (all the time walking towards the truck) and just as I was putting them on -- BANG! I was stunned and said to Dave -- "I just walked into those boards!" Sure enough! The boards (all 8 of the 1x6 boards) were sticking out of the back of the truck and I plowed right into them. Fortunately, nothing was bleeding and nothing was broken, but I sure jarred whatever brains I had in there! Obviously not too many! It really wasn't funny then -- but now? I just think about it and I crack up! Seriously! How could I not have paid any attention to all of those boards? You can apply all sorts of life lessons to this episode. For me, the biggest one is just to start paying attention!!! But, once again, my antics have given me something to laugh about and to share.

So, now that you've heard the story. You can pick the title of this posting. Or better yet -- you can name it. Just be kind. I am an aging lady with a bit of a rattled brain!

No comments: